Santa Nella House
12130 Highway 116, Guerneville, CA 95446
• Go direct to website: santanellahouse.com
• Room Rates: $189-249; Number of Rooms: 5 (Online Availability)
• Reservations: 707-869-9488
• Email: email@example.com
• Owners: Anissa Burnley and Graham Humphreys
SANTA NELLA HOUSE … in the middle of nowhere … and at the center of everything! This Russian River bed and breakfast, in the Sonoma Wine Country, is a Victorian farmhouse dating back to the 1870’s. Built by a prominent physician as his residence, the property has been an olive oil mill, a winery, a speak-easy, a stage coach stop and, since 1984, a bed and breakfast inn.
Extensively renovated and modernized, the stately structure boasts five bedrooms with their own bathrooms. Each room is tastefully furnished with antiques, features its own fireplace and a modern bathroom. The spa area is located in the midst of a redwood grove and seats six. A full gourmet breakfast is served every morning, nightly wine reception (on the porch when weather permits), treats are available for guests before they retire for a peaceful night’s sleep.
The innkeepers love to welcome guests with a glass of wine and some helpful advice on where to explore the wonderful Russian River recreation area.
You will be delighted with Innkeeper Debbie’s famous breakfasts. Her Stuffed French Toast will make you feel like royalty. Specials of the house include fritattas made from local vegetables, omelets and homemade cakes and cookies. Ingredients are always fresh, local and organic if possible. We often season with mint, tarragon or thyme grown in our garden. We feature homemade granola, fresh baked goods from our own kitchen.
Combining the charms of the Victorian era without the fussiness, the Santa Nella House rooms are decorated with lovely era-furniture and all the luxury of today. Each of the guest rooms with private bath has been extensively renovated and modernized to provide for the comfort of today’s guests. Luxury linens and handmade quilts adorn the beds with their very modern and comfortable mattresses. Air conditioning and central heat, romantic in-suite fireplaces, and fluffy robes provide a comfortable and a romantic setting.
• Our wrap-around veranda with porch swing provides peaceful areas to sit for reading, eating and conversation. A spa area is located in the midst of a redwood grove and seats six.
• We come from “pressurized professions” and understand the importance of time away from the cares of work and home. We are dedicated to ensuring that your visit to the Sonoma Wine Country / Russian River recreation area is rich in experience and relaxing in nature.
• So many special touches! Tea and desserts are served in the Parlor. Wine is poured early evening and Port is available later.