Fern Grove Cottages
16650 River Road (Hwy 116), Guerneville, CA 95446
• Go direct to website: ferngrove.com
• Room Rates: $139-299; Number of Accommodations: 20 (Online Availability)
• Reservations: 707-869-8105; 888-243-2674
• Email: email@example.com
• Innkeepers: Jennifer Lamarre and Sherman Tyler
Fern Grove Cottages, a Russian River Bed and Breakfast, located in Guerneville, California … in the Russian River Valley. Fern Grove’s country cottages are described as “cute and individualistic … very comfortable” and “charming” by TripAdvisor reviewers. These carefully maintained accommodations are within easy walking distance of downtown Guerneville. Our cottages date back to the 1920s, some have whirlpools tubs, others have wood-burning or gas fire places. Pet-friendly cottages are available as well.
The 20 craftsman-style cottages and the lodge are situated among beautiful vintage gardens and redwoods. With a long and historic history of a more rural time, Fern Grove’s gardens continue to be filled with many varieties of ferns, fabulous roses, flowering shrubs and bountiful fruit trees.
Fern Grove is the perfect “base camp” to explore the icons of the Russian River region, including Armstrong Redwood State Preserve, the Russian River Valley wine appellation and the Pacific Coast.
An extended continental breakfast is served each morning. Our menu varies seasonally to ensure our guests the freshest and most satisfying start to their day. You will enjoy a variety of treats like homemade scones and granola, fruits and melons, pastries, a variety of breads, preserves, yogurt, juice and coffee. For lunch and dinner, you can choose from a wide selection of local restaurants.
Nestled among towering redwood trees, the cottages are surrounded by delightful gardens that produce an abundance of flowers and fruit. Each cottage is unique with its individual theme. Classic wood burning fireplaces are available as well as gas log stoves and double size spa tubs for relaxing and romantic evenings. Several cottages have kitchens and many have wet bars. All cottages have a private bath and cable TV. Cottages range from one-room studios, one bedroom & living room and two-bedroom & living room units.
• Fern Grove is located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and selection of restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Fern Grove’s heated saline water swimming pool. Within three miles of the cottages are canoe trips on the Russian River, hiking in the impressive Armstrong Woods State Reserve and winery tours.
• Added benefits of staying at Fern Grove Cottages: Free High Speed Internet and WiFi; Pool and sun deck; Individual decks or patios; Built-in barbecue and picnic area; Pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
• Media Quotes: “Chat to gracious hosts over homemade scones. They certainly know their wines.” Decanter Magazine. “Continental breakfast is always tasty, and the décor is charmingly relaxing.” Beloved B&Bs on the West Coast.— San Jose Mercury News.