|SONOMA ORCHID INN
12850 River Road, Guerneville, CA 95446
• Go direct to website: sonomaorchidinn.com
• Room Rates: $149-254; Number of Rooms: 9 (Online Availability)
• Reservations: 707-869-4466; 888-877-4466
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Owners: Dana Murphy and Brian Siewert
The historic Sonoma Orchid Inn, a fully restored and elegantly furnished 1906 farmhouse has all the modern amenities: private baths, wireless high-speed internet, state-of-the-art hot tub, fireplaces, free parking, flexible check-in times, and a guest-kitchen available 24 hours a day. The beautifully decorated living room, that doubles as a meeting space, has wall-of-glass views onto coastal oaks and towering redwoods on the inn's two and half acres. The living room and guest-kitchen are truly for the guests' use, so relax and unwind, play cards on the oak table, or read a book on one of the overstuffed chairs while enjoying fresh-baked cookies from the kitchen. Chill a bottle of wine in the guest-kitchen fridge and use the glasses, plates, silver and trays to build yourself a picnic for the picnic-table past the barn in the shade of the coastal oaks. Minutes from fine dining and the urban scene, come home to our country inn.
The inn has nine guest rooms; each with private baths, beautifully furnished. The décor boasts a flair for pleasing colors and textures. Luxury linens and special touches make each room special and relaxing. The fireplace in the farmhouse's great room and in Hawthorn and Madrone makes cool nights cozy and warm. The shade of oaks and redwoods makes even hot days pleasant. Signature red chairs dot the grounds for leisurely renewal time and communing in the fresh air.
Spark the start of a terrific day with a gourmet Sonoma Orchid Inn breakfast inspired by seasonally fresh local ingredients prepared featuring fresh eggs and produce from the inn's chickens and garden. Relaxation, family-style dining and slow food make our breakfasts an experience to remember. Whether you hunger for a nice awakening jolt from your first sip of freshly brewed coffee or tea, the sweet and savory tastes of hot morning fare, a quiet but nourishing start to the morning, or the company and conversation of interesting tablemates, you'll always leave the breakfast table satisfied.
Dana and Brian are available anytime to help sketch out your day for local destinations, explorations and activities sure to make you rave. Ask about our planned itineraries catered to your interests.
One part historic Russian River Valley farmhouse with great structural bones, one part picture-perfect getaway setting, our country bed-and-breakfast inn has ten stylishly comfortable and eclectic guest rooms. The main house has six guest rooms on three levels. Just steps away from the main house, the cottage has three spacious rooms with a king beds, two with gas fireplaces and each with its own private entrance. All rooms have private bath, hair dryers and wireless Internet. Most rooms have heat/air conditioning units, satellite TV, VCR & DVD and some have DVR as well. The inn has a large library of videos to enjoy as well as HBO and more.
AWARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce, American Historic Inns, California Association of Bed and Breakfast Inn, Professional Association of International Innkeepers, Russian River Chamber of Commerce, Russian River Wine Road, Russian River Inns, Wine Country Inns
• Our guest service extends far beyond excellent breakfasts and comfortable beds. If you need dinner recommendations or reservations, tips on hikes or biking, or the perfect little local winery that's a not-to-be-missed gem, Brian and Dana are here to help make your stay in the Russian River Valley's Wine Country and Sonoma County the best it can be. Guests can also expect to be welcomed by Brian and Dana's two Border Terriers, Saffron & Coriander - Saffy and Cori - and by their cats, Inky and Domino. The main farmhouse and common areas are kept pet free at all times, for those with allergies. In addition several of our rooms are pet free permanently.
• The main house, built by Louis E. Ridenhour, celebrated its 100th birthday in 2006. The property has been a bed-and-breakfast inn since 1977. The Ridenhour family from Missouri homesteaded 944 acres on both sides of the Russian River in the mid-19th century, and planted the land mostly with hops and general produce.
• A Class Act: Gourmet Breakfast, Guest Kitchen, 24-Hour Coffee/Tea, Complementary water and Juice, Afternoon Baked Treats, Iron & Ironing board, Living Room with Fireplace, Jacuzzi/Hot Tub, Wireless Internet, Children & Pets Welcome, Off-Street Parking, Flexible check-in times. Perfect for the office retreat or girlfriend's get-away. Knitting, bridge and other events held here often.